City of Natchitoches Online Bill Pay Customer Notice
Contact: Hannah Wenninger, City of Natchitoches
Phone: (318) 352-2772
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CITY OF NATCHITOCHES ONLINE BILL PAY CUSTOMER NOTICE
It has been brought to our attention there was a recent event with Click2Gov, the City’s utility payment website, in which card data from a user’s browser window during a transaction could have been compromised. Customers enrolled in the auto pay system were not affected. The “at risk” dates are between 8/30/2019 to 10/14/2019.
You are being notified because your card information could have been compromised during this event if you meet both of the following criteria:
- Card user made utility payment between the dates of 8/30/2019 to 10/14/2019.
- Card user’s computer browser or phone had also been compromised during the online transaction
The City has been notified by Central Square Technologies that steps have been taken to prevent unauthorized person from obtaining data directly from the webpage. We are recommending if you have received this notification, you take the following steps to prevent vulnerability in the future.
- Update your computer browser or phone browser
- Contact your bank to reissue your credit/debit card
- Ask your bank if they offer push notifications or text alerts options anytime you complete a transaction.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers. It is important to continue to take steps to safeguard your personal information and communicate with you when an event like this occurs. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact City Hall at 318-352-2772 for further information.